Frequently Asked Questions
Outlook: How to delay the delivery of a message
Last Updated a year ago
Delay the delivery of a messageNote: Outlook must stay open until after the message is sent. If you need to step away from your computer you can lock it instead of selecting sign-out. If you close outlook, sign-out, or turn off your computer the message will not be sent at the delivery time set.
- While composing a message, select the More options arrow from the Tags group in the Ribbon.
- Under Delivery options, select the Do not deliver before check box, and then click the delivery date and time you want.
- Click Close.
- When you're done composing your email message, select Send.
If you decide later that you want to send the message immediately, do the following:
- Switch to the Outbox folder.
- Open the delayed message.
- Select the More options arrow from the Tags group in the Ribbon.
- Under Delivery options, clear the Do not deliver before check box.
- Click Close and send.