Frequently Asked Questions
Outlook: LiquidFiles (DocSafe) Plugin for Outlook
Last Updated 4 months ago
LiquidFiles (DocSafe) Plugin for Outlook
Using the Outlook PluginIf your administrator has installed and enabled the Outlook plugin, when you're composing a message in Outlook, you will see an additional section, like this:
These are the selectable options in the LiquidFiles Secure Attach Dropdown menu:
- Secure Attach — any file you would normally attach using the attach icon on Outlook can be attached using this Secure Attach button instead. This will cause any file attached to the email to be sent using LiquidFiles.
- Attach Folder — you can also attach a folder at once and all files in this folder will be attached to this email.
- Secure Attach All — the Outlook plugin will automatically send large files through LiquidFiles. If you have a combination of larger and smaller attachments, that means that some will go through LiquidFiles and some direct. By Selecting Secure Attach All, all files, large and small, will be sent through LiquidFiles.
- File Request — use LiquidFiles to request a large and/or sensitive file from someone. The receipient of the File Request will receive a link they can use and any files attached will be delivered safely back to you.
- Private Message — this will cause the body of the email to be sent securely through LiquidFiles with or without any attachments. You will get confirmation when someone has opened your email as well as downloaded any attachments.
- Select Existing Files — this will list already uploaded files from previous messages that you can send again without having to upload.
- Options — configure the LiquidFiles Outlook plugin.
Here you can see the files during upload, when they have completed uploading and any error messages as well.
In the menubar of this pane are the buttons from the top ribbon duplicated with a couple of additions:
- The Permission Settings same as you would see in the web interface.
- The Message expiration date when this message and these files will expire.
- The button to the far right in the menubar is another settings button.
- In the bottom, just above the "To" field you will see the progress bars for the current file and overall for all files.
Outlook Settings and configurationWhen you attach your first file to LiquidFiles, you will see the login window:
As shown above, use the following options:
- Server: AUTO & docsafe.wncc.edu
- User Name: Your full wncc.edu email address
- Password: Your regular email/Portal password
Please note that you only have to fill this in once and the LiquidFiles Outlook plugin will keep you logged in even if you change your network password.
The Settings Window looks like this:
And has the following configurable settings, from the top:
- It displays the currently logged in user.
- How many files you can attach at once and how long you want to see the window visible after you've sent the files.
- If you want the LiquidFiles Attachment information to be placed below the body your email or at the top of it (please see the recipient email to see how the attachment information looks).
- Send the message using HTML or plain text, or do not send any message through LiquidFiles.
- The settings to automatically send attachment above a certain size will attach files to LiquidFiles regardless if you have clicked the "normal" attach or the secure attach button if the file is above this size.
- Your WNCC IT Team