Frequently Asked Questions
Zoom: Meeting Templates
Last Updated 3 years ago
Zoom Meeting Template Creation
With the uptick in usage of online teleconferencing applications comes a similar uptick in nefarious usage of the technology. The so-called act of "Zoom-Bombing" involves gaining access to a Zoom meeting for the purposes of disrupting the meeting or sowing discord in general. The open nature of Zoom meetings only helps these Zoom-Bombers to gain access and cause trouble.
However, you CAN help proof your meetings against these ne'er do wells by creating a template for future meetings. Many of the suggested settings for this template are taken directly from the FBI's Community Outreach office and ArsTechnica, linked at the end of this article.
- Login to Zoom by going to https://wncc.zoom.us, and clicking the Sign In button.
- Click the "Schedule a Meeting" link at the top of your page.
- Enter a Topic Name and Description in the appropriate fields.
- If desired, apply a password for this meeting in the Meeting Password field. Give out this password ONLY to those you want to participate in the meeting!
- Set your Participant Video to Off, and the Host Video to your preference.
- Under Meeting Options, make sure the following are checked:
- Mute participants upon entry
- Enable waiting room
- Click the Save button at the bottom.
- On the next screen, scroll to the bottom and click the "Save as Meeting Template" link.
- You will then be prompted to give the template a name. Click Save as Template.
- The next time you click "Schedule a Meeting," you will be able to select a template to use under the "Use a Template" dropdown under the Description Field.
- When starting your meeting, ensure you are properly entering the meeting as the Host by clicking the Meetings link on the left side of the page, then clicking Start next to your scheduled meeting, like so:
- When joined as the host, you can admit potential viewers from the Waiting Room and allow them to join. You also have full control over whether or not they are able to Unmute themselves or Turn on their Video.
- Your WNCC IT Team