Frequently Asked Questions
Jabber: Initial Configuration
Last Updated 3 years ago
Jabber Initial Configuration
Welcome to your new Soft Phone, Jabber! It's a little different than the older Cisco Soft Phone, so it takes a little bit to set up!
- When you first open Jabber, you'll be prompted for your email address. Before you enter that, click the Advanced Settings link below the email address field.
- Make sure to select the following options:
- Cisco Communications Manager 9 or Later
- Use the following server: https://publisher.wnccms.net:8443
- Click Save.
- Now enter your email address in the field, and click Continue.
- Enter your Portal Username and Password when Prompted, and click Sign In. You may be given a warning about certificates for Publisher.wnccms.net and Subscriber.wnccms.net. This is normal, go ahead and click OK.
- Voila! You're now logged into your Soft Phone! You may begin using your phone by typing in a name in Search or Call, or by clicking the Dialing Pad button and entering in a Number!
- Your WNCC IT Team