Frequently Asked Questions
Outlook: Zoom Plugin
Last Updated a year ago
This article is about how Zoom can be utilized in the Outlook, and how it can be utilized according to Zoom's guidelines.
Scheduling A Meeting
- Click the Schedule a Meeting button.
- Select your desired settings for scheduling a meeting.
- Video - Host: If you select on, the host's video will be automatically started when starting the meeting. If you choose off, the host's video will be off, but they will be able to turn it on.
- Video - Participant: If you select on, the participant's video will be automatically started when joining the meeting. If you choose off, the participant's video will be off, but they will have the option to turn it on.
- Audio Options: Choose whether to allow users to join using Telephone only, Computer Audio only, Telephone and Computer Audio, or 3rd Party Audio (if enabled for your account).
- Require meeting password: Enter a password if you want to require participants to enter it to join the meeting.
- Enable join before host: Allow participants to join the meeting without you or before you join.
- Mute participants upon entry: If join before host is not enabled, this will mute all participants as they join the meeting.
- Use Personal Meeting ID: Check this if you want to use your Personal Meeting ID. If not selected, a random unique meeting ID will be generated.
- Recording the meeting automatically: Check this if you want the meeting to be automatically recorded. Select if you want it to be recorded locally (to your computer) or to the cloud. Learn more about automatic recording.
- Force include Join URL in location field: This will include the join URL in the location field even if you attempt to remove it.
- Insert meeting details above the invite: Insert the Zoom meeting details at the top of the meeting invite (before any custom text entered in the meeting invite).
- Alternative hosts: Enter the email address of another Zoom user with a Pro license on your account to allow them to start the meeting in your absence.
- Save and do not show again: Check this if you would like to use these same settings as a default for other meetings going forward. The settings window will not pop up and you will need to manually open it to edit the settings.
- Click Continue.
The calendar invitation will automatically generate with the Zoom meeting information.
Scheduling a Personal Audio Conference (PAC)
- Click on the arrow at the bottom of Schedule a Meeting.
- If you have multiple PAC accounts, choose which you would like to schedule with.
This will automatically populate a calendar event with your PAC information. Change the date and time and add attendees as needed
- Click Send.
Making an Existing Event a Zoom Meeting
- Open an existing calendar event in Outlook.
- Select either Schedule A Meeting or Personal Audio Conference to schedule the meeting type of your choice
- Select your desired settings for scheduling a meeting. See the Scheduling a Meetingsection for more details.
- Click Continue.
- The invitation will now automatically fill in with the details.
- Click Save & Close.
Missing Plugin IconIf you do not see the Schedule a meeting icon in the menu ribbon, open your Outlook options.
- Select Disabled Items.
- Choose the Zoom Outlook plug-in
- Select Enable.
- Select the Com Add-ins
- Check the Zoom Outlook plugin box.